Your F-1 and J-1 status permits you to work on EKU campus if your I-20 or DS-2019 was issued by EKU. To be eligible to work on-campus you must meet the following criteria:
- You are enrolled full-time (except if you are approved for a reduced course load exceptions)
- You are in good academic standing
- You have a valid I-20 or DS-2019
- You have a valid passport
- Your employment is performed on EKU school premises or the employment is performed at a commercial firm which provide services to EKU students on campus, such as the school’s bookstore or Food Service
- Your employment is only limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session, and full-time, (21-40 hours) per week during school breaks and during summer if the department has the budget to pay for it.
However, a student who is “out of status” is not eligible to work on campus.
On-campus Employment Authorization
For F-1 Students: F-1 students do not need permission from International Student and Scholar Services (OISSS) to work on campus.
For J-1 Exchange Students: J-1 exchange students need permission from OISSS before they can begin on-campus employment.